Vacation, travel, and working out may not sound like they go together, but they can and they do.
Every time I travel I work out.
I cringe when I hear someone use vacation or the Holidays as an excuse to justify laziness and gluttony.
Currently with the Holidays my schedule is so different. Yes, I am loving have a break from my normal day to day life, it can’t all be relaxing. I have to keep myself motivated.
At the end of the day, nobody can take better care of themselves than you.
At the end of the day, you make and are responsible for your choices.
That being said, everyday is a chance to take care of yourself.
Why workout while travelling and vacationing?
- Exercise helps control stress and anxiety, perfect for business travel or long visits with family. It also gives you energy and gives you confidence (so important for even the most relaxing vacations).
- This time of year there are so many times that we may overindulge, well even the simplest of walks can help with digestion. If you are on vacation it’s OK to eat/drink differently, just try to get in some exercise.
- More free time while travelling? Use it to your health. Crunched for time, no problem. Check out these workouts here, here, and here.
The big thing is being realistic. If it’s not possible to do something everyday that’s OK. No need to beat yourself up. No matter if you are at home or on the road, work out when you can.
- I personally do lots of workouts at home. Many hotels have gyms, but anything can be turned into a gym.
- On long travel days, just some stretching is amazing.
- On vacation and can’t wait to hit the beach in that bikini, just do a few planks, leg lifts, squats, etc. to feel extra tight.
I love fitness, but that doesn’t mean I let it take away from family time or relaxing and enjoying a vacation.