This salad is just like a huge welcome to summer!
I make this salad so much because well it’s that good.
I have taken it to several pool parties and cookouts, and it’s always a hit. I have people that have never tasted papaya or avocado come up to me and say that they love it. It’s almost like they’re surprised that something this amazing can be healthy. Mind blown!
I don’t care how healthy something is, do you honestly think that I would bring something to a party that was gross?
If you have never had papaya before you are really missing out. It’s so juicy and not overly sweet. It just screams summer and the tropics. Look at that color too. How pretty. That beautiful orange color means that it’s loaded with Vitamin A and beta carotene. It’s also a great source of Vitamin C, has fiber, potassium, many of the B Vitamins, and even some calcium.
What does all that nutrition mean? How about healthy digestion, beautiful glowing skin, aids in weight loss, and has many anti cancer properties.
Incorporate all of this goodness with some perfect avocado chunks and how can you go wrong.
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- handful cilantro minced (optional)
- Slice the papaya in half. With a spoon scoop out all of the seeds. Slice off the ends and carefully peel away the skin with a knife. Once peeled, slice papaya into chunks.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and remove the flesh from the peel with a spoon. Cut the avocados into chunks.
- Place the papaya and avocado chunks into a bowl. Add in the thinly diced red onion and cilantro if using.
- Add the juice of the limes.
- Gently stir together to combine. Chill for 15 minutes to let the flavors meld together.