I made some balls! Ha! If you know me, you know that I say “balls” a lot. Ha-balls!
Well, back to these balls.
This quickie of a recipe is great for breakfast or as a snack. Once made they can be kept in the refrigerator or at room temperature in an air tight container, making them ideal for travel.
These balls are healthy and ridiculously simple. I have tried to make some other ball or bite recipes that claim to be easy, and did not get one little ball to stick. These balls I have made twice and they have held up really well.
These balls are guy tested as well. My fella loves them and has eaten a few for breakfast for the past few weeks.
Mix and match ingredients to cater to your taste. Play with different nut varieties, seeds, etc.
Enjoy your balls!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped (mini chips would work too)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup nut butter, crunchy or smooth (I used almond)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the dry ingredients (oats, seeds, nuts, chocolate, cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Melt the almond butter (stove top or 35 seconds in the microwave). Stir in the honey and the vanilla into the almond butter.
- Pour the nut butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. The dry ingredients should mix with the sticky nut butter and form one large ball.
- With clean hands, (important) roll the mixture into small balls about the size of a golf ball. Store in an air tight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.